: Health Tip: Breathe Healthier Air at Home
Posted May 31, 2016
(HealthDay News) -- To help prevent breathing problems, keep the air inside your home clean.
The American Lung Association recommends:
- Allowing no one to smoke inside your home.
- Performing a radon test to check for the invisible gas, which has been linked to lung cancer.
- Running a dehumidifier or air conditioner to keep humidity levels below 50 percent. Keep the filters inside those appliances clean.
- Repairing any leaking water pipes immediately.
- Keeping pests away by cleaning up food spills and storing food properly.
- Never using an outdoor wood burning stove inside the home.
- Finding the source of odors and cleaning them, rather than masking the smell with candles and room sprays.
- Opting for less toxic household cleaning supplies.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.